Code of Conduct
During Train Jam, all participants are expected to adhere to Amtrak’s Terms of Transportation as well as our own event policies. As an attendee of Train Jam, you are expected to follow the behavior guidelines below:
- Always acting out of respect and concern for the free expression of others.
- Actively listening to others and not dominating discussions.
- Respecting physical and emotional boundaries.
- Always ask before touching, and check in before discussing topics that may trigger emotional or mental discomfort to those around you.
- Not making assumptions about identity, experiences, or preferred pronouns.
- Not using words that are racist, sexist, transphobic, homophobic, classist, cissexist or ableist.
- Humbly accepting respectful correction (or correcting yourself!), keeping in mind that the impact of your words on other people is more important than your intent.
Amtrak offers a number of services for passengers with disabilities or those who require assistive devices. At Train Jam we strive to create an space that is accommodating for any developer who wishes to attend the event. If there is a scenario that is not covered in Amtrak’s official services, please contact the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Train Jam is dedicated to providing a safe-space environment where all people regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race or religion are accepted and respected. Harassment is not tolerated.
Harassment includes offensive verbal comments — related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, religion or otherwise — deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Parties asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If you are being harassed, or notice that someone is participating in harassing behavior, please notify a Train Jam organizer or an Amtrak employee immediately. Any reports of harassment to the Train Jam organizers will be treated as anonymous and your name will not be included in any communication with the offending parties unless specifically requested.
If someone engages in behavior that violates this policy, Train Jam will take all appropriate actions within our power. This includes working with Amtrak employees to resolve the incident, removing the offending party from all future official Train Jam communications and events and, in more serious cases, Train Jam will help facilitate communication with the appropriate authorities on a case-by-case basis.
Amtrak has created a welcoming environment for Train Jam over the years, and we expect all Train Jam attendees to treat all Amtrak employees with the utmost respect. Please be aware of and follow Amtrak’s Terms of Transportation and Policies. Anyone found violating these policies may face removal from the train.